Thursday, January 3, 2013

Holes and Light

Super creative title, I know.  Writer's block.

Here are a couple photos from a neat piece of public art in downtown Reno.  There's a good chance you've walked by this before (if you live in Reno or visit frequently) without really noticing it.


Setting sun imparts a glow

It's just outside Campo, but it's above street level, and those who walk by too fast tend not to be looking up.  Every time I study this piece, it reminds me of something else.  I've run the gamut from cheese to submarine and back, and all I know is that it's cool and has subtle patterns that aren't obvious at first glance.


Colors 'n stuff

Many thanks to my svelte photo-assistant Nate.  Photos like this tend to be fairly complicated to set up and light, but I believe the work is worth it.

I sincerely hope that all of you out there are doing what makes you happy.  More on that later.

-


No comments:

Past Detritus