Monday, June 10, 2013

Kaikoura Peninsula

I had been to Kaikoura once before, when road-tripping after racing in Taupo in 2008. I remember being immediately struck by the beauty of the Peninsula; so much so that, after discovering I'd left my camera back at the room, I harvested two speeding tickets to get it: one on the way there and one on the way back. Whoops.

On this visit, I'm greeted with cloudy skies, which makes for some favorable light.


North

Unfortunately, the clouds knock some of the ridiculous color out of the vegetation in the water, but it's still worth my while to make a large photo.


South (click for bigger)

I'm not afforded the opportunity to wait around for better light, as I've got quite a few more km to go to get to Nelson, so this'll have to do.

-

No comments:

Past Detritus