Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paradise Lost

I left New Zealand on June 3. Many thanks to Ross, Andy, Block, and the girls for letting me crash in their frigid house for my last week in town after Fiji.

My last view of Queenstown was out the plane window on a rainy day. The Remarkables, slick with rain and topped with clouds, provided a backdrop for a vibrant rainbow that reached all the way down to the grass alongside the runway.

Fast forward 15 or so hours.

My first view of the US was the smoggy, hazy, concrete sprawl of Los Angeles, with more population visible out the window of the 777 than live in New Zealand. Depressing, to say the least.

So it's time to rename the blog, as I'd like to continue keeping an online journal of neat things I see and do.

Reno is the new (old) home-base for the time being. It has been good to be back, enjoying summer and reconnecting with friends and family.

Past Detritus