Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In the Flesh

There's a project that I've been involved with that I'm very excited about; it's been a few months in the works and is just beginning to come to life.

The long and short of it is a large-scale sculpture project that, from my end, is a glorious blend of art and engineering. I'm very privileged to be creating these sculptures with an actual craftsman, a word that I do not use lightly.

I've got a little bit of cold hard steel to share, will reveal a little more in virtual form in a later post, and then share the entire beast once it's been built. And by "the entire beast," I mean "the first of sixteen." Yowzers.


Plasma-cut edge; 3/8" steel


Blasted hole


First hint of form


One slice of 125. The H in H-7 stands for Head...

This will be an ongoing series, so while I kinda apologize for being all cryptic, it'll be fun to see the evolution of this project over time, so I guess I'm not that sorry after all.

-

Past Detritus