Monday, November 11, 2013

Basque Food Coma

I love Nevada small towns. Inevitably, some of them grow into bigger towns, but they're still pretty cool places. I lived in Minden for a summer when I was in college, and it's always had a place in my heart since then. In addition to sitting in the pointy shadow of Jobs Peak, it's the closest stitch of civilization to Kirkwood, and it's the kind of place where you can leave your doors unlocked.

Beyond all that, though, it's got WAY better Basque food than Reno does, even though Reno's is no slouch. As such, Murphy and I blasted down for dinner a few weeks ago and spent some time walking around after our meal to delay the onset of the meat and garlic coma.


Fix things here


Wash away your troubles here


Feed thyself here

My biggest memory from my summer in the Carson Valley was a remarkable feeling of calm every day. It was the first time I'd been anywhere for an extended period where it felt like my blood pressure dropped simply by virtue of being there. Been on the hunt for that ever since :)

-

No comments:

Past Detritus