Monday, October 7, 2013

AZ Part 17: Cold Blooded

"Cold blooded" sounds way cooler if you say it in your best Dave Chappelle/Rick James voice, by the way.

Here're four photos of two desert dwellers. The first one was a little skittish and wouldn't let me get within 20 feet. Seasoned veteran, I suppose.


Wily


No trust here

The second little fellow, however, had no such reservations. When we found him, I had an absurdly inappropriate lens on my camera for shooting critters (manual focus TS-E 90mm, in case you'd like to further comprehend the absurdity), but the car was far away and I decided to make the most of it.


Youthful exuberance

I'd inch closer, figuring that this particular distance would be his limit, and he wouldn't spook, so I'd move closer yet. I made it all the way to the lens's minimum focusing distance and he was still a willing subject.


Posing

So thanks, little dude. Your bright colors and steady nerves brightened my day :)

Can anybody ID these for me?

-

No comments:

Past Detritus