Monday, January 13, 2014

Carmel: Iceplant

I think I'll spend some time sharing photos from Carmel (California, lest you confuse the scenery here with that in Carmel, IN [or ME, or NY, or...]).

I spent 2 weeks in Carmel back in November, bookended by the Big Sur Half Marathon and Thanksgiving with the fam. My cousin Paige was foolish enough kind enough to offer me the safe haven of her home for the duration of the 2 weeks, provided that I be a good house boy. I never found my belongings in a gasoline-soaked pile in the front yard, so I think I held up my end of the deal.

Here are a couple quick photos near Point Pinos in Pacific Grove, one of the awesome communities on the Monterey Peninsula.


Iceplant and cypress

The iceplant is non-native and invasive, which isn't all that nice, but it can at least be exploited for a good photo or two.


Iceplant and crow

My stint in Carmel was far from being about fun and games and vacation. I had a ton of work to do, and while I'm eminently fortunate to be able to work remotely from time to time, there were days that I didn't even leave the house...for photos...for a run...for food...for anything. Perhaps this was facilitated by the espresso machine and wi-fi, but still.

'Til next time.

-

No comments:

Past Detritus